Job tittle: Chief operations officer (COO)
Reports to: Chief executive officer (CEO)
Department: Operations and banking services
Location: Head Office
AB BANK Rwanda Ltd. wishes to recruit one (1) qualified and competent staff to fill the position of a Chief Operations Officer (COO).
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is a member of the Senior Management team of AB Bank Rwanda, and therefore helps ensure that KPIs defined in the Business Plan and the current year’s budget are met. He/ she directs, administers, and coordinates the activities of operations and digital finance in support of policies, goals, culture, core values and objectives established by the Bank’s Shareholders and Board of Directors.
• Assists the senior management team in the preparation of both short term and long term plans consistent with the bank’s strategic plan
• Helps the senior management develop strategies that meet the bank’s immediate and long term goals, objectives, KPIs, and most especially in achieving profitability targets
• Develops business initiatives and meets business objectives, primarily of, but not limited to digital finance;
• Provides oversight and supervision on all of the bank’s DF channels, products and services;
• Develops the bank’s marketing strategies, and ensures that all of the strategies and plans are properly and effectively implemented;
• Lead person for promoting customer-centric culture in the bank; Ensures that channels, products and services are aligned with the customers’ needs and preferences;
• Provides oversight to the product development function; and ensures that new products and services are efficiently introduced to the bank, and by the bank to its customers;
• Provides oversight to the proper functioning of the call center, and other support functions of the bank;
• Ensures the proper functioning of all of the offices by providing oversight on administration, procurement, and security functions of the bank;
• Provides oversight on all projects by assigning champions/ project managers, ensures that there is a project plan, and that the project plan is being implemented properly and in a timely manner
• Creates and manages the processes necessary to manage the organizations’ current activities and projected growth and needs.
• Establishes operating policies consistent with the bank’s broad objectives and ensures their execution
• Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with regulatory laws and proper governing business operations
• Acts as a liaison, together with other senior managers of the bank, to key partners
• Helps the senior management to effectively manage risks; directly manages operational risks
• Develops and implements procedures and controls to ensure security and accountability as well as an accurate information flow within the organization
• Liaison with Access Microfinance Holding AG regarding development of products and procedures, and their implementation
• Assists senior management in fund raising for the bank
• Organizes and maintains a systematic communication and close cooperation with different sub-departments of the Bank, as well as continuous interaction with branch managers of the bank, heads of departments, and specialists in order to introduce effective approaches to and technology of attracting Operation clients, promotion of banking products, and development of long-term relations with Operation clients.
• Fulfils all other tasks assigned by the CEO/ Managing Director and the Board
Necessary experience and knowledge
Education level in line with BNR requirements.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an executive leadership capacity in financial institutions – This is a strict requirement
Total of at least 5 years in banking.
Strong understanding of regulatory compliance
At least 2 years’ experience in digital finance and/or agent network design/management.
Appetite for technology and innovative solutions.
Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
Command of MS Office software – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Good communication skills.
If you meet the requirements, please apply in soft copy and submit the following
1. Cover letter- Indicating your current salary and benefits
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Copies of relevant certificates and testimonials
4. Three references
5. Day-time contact and e-mail address
Qualified and Interested Candidates may apply at AB Bank’s recruitment email at: email@example.com
Deadline 15th July 2018
For more information,